Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Writing rightly

Today's notion is more about writing than about my former instructor's work. (Yes, Mardis was one of my Art instructors, and a damn good one too.)
Writing a four book series is very difficult. The trouble is not with destriptive settings and places, nor even the plots of the story itself. The challanges lay in wait in the form of the characters who have always had a mind of their own and are quite insistant about how their tale should be told. What's even more hilarious, (and I do find this experience quite laughable), is when a character comes along in a chapter, then dies in that same chapter.
When sunk in the creative process there is absolutely no room for an ego. Otherwise Art can't really happen, so, wanting this Writing Project, (as it's been dubbed over the last couple years), to be finished, I have really had to learn to let go of my own rather large ego. "I think, therefore I am" does not apply.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary-
    My husband likes to fish at Koocanusa, and sometimes I go along. Last time we had a good breakfast at Odie's in Troy. I may find the inspiration to post about the fishing, or maybe the breakfast-like your characters, my posts seem to choose themselves!

    ReplyDelete