Monday, August 10, 2009

flying

"Wing Chair/Riser"
Flying while sitting is a sublime experience for artists in any field. As a writer, I quite literally feel as though I'm flying as the pencil is flipping across the page. It had been the same when I worked on illustrations many years ago. But when words held me aloft much longer than shapes and colours, that is when I truly found my wings. This piece by Mardis Nenno is, I think, the best example of the artistic experience.
But I have been wrong before.
P.S. As I am rather new to this site-creating thing and haven't yet figured out how to send pictures from one site to another, Google her full name and click on the top listing. Then you can see her work.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mary, Nice first post! I found you on 'Thinking Out Loud.' We are (almost) neighbors-I live in northern Idaho. Keep playing around with the post template, there is a button that will let you make a link from text.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And another one which will let you add pictures!

    ReplyDelete