Monday, September 21, 2009

Writing Rightly. . .again

Having now gotten over what I term the "Moon Fever", I have taken up the Writing Project task again. Not that writing emotional poetry and prose is a bad thing, but it gets in the way of the things I feel I need to do in order to remain Human.
Book two of the Writing Project is nearly ready to be put on the computer and edited thus. For those who don't know, I write by hand first.
Which reminds me: there was an MSNBC article about the death of cursive. A shame, really. I mean, what would people do if all of a sudden they could not use their computers to communicate with the written word? Talk on the phone all day and night? The USPS would see a rise in service. That is if people even remember how to write with pencils and pens. Even though I understand that computers and keyboards are yet another set of tools, I strongly feel that we should never become too reliant upon them. We already suffer from, what the late Frank Herbert termed in his "Dune" series, "hydrolic dependancy". I certainly hope our great nation never has a nation-wide black out.

No comments:

Post a Comment