Saturday, November 14, 2009

Swine Flu (part two)

Need I really say more?
Actually I probably should so as to warn anyone who reads this about the wonderful anti-viral medication called Tamaflu. It has the propensity to excite the oracular centres of the mind in such a way as to show alterier dimensions in the space-time continuum and elsewhere.
As if delerium wasn't exciting enough.
However, I will admit that, despite the entertaining side effects, had it not been for Tamaflu I would have ended up in the hospital in critical condition due to a very, very high fever. I have not been this ill for over twenty years. So I now consider myself very lucky to have caught the symptoms in time and taken action to get through it without a hospital trip. (Though the other trips were quite fun. . .)
Today is actually the first day without a fever, and, if cleared by the good doctor, I should be able to return to work this coming week, for which I know my supervisor will be very, very glad. . .I hope.

2 comments:

  1. Well. I'm glad you're feeling better. Cat abductions may be entertaining for a short while, but they'd get old fast! Glad also that you avoided the hospital.
    I guess being ill gave you a little time to blog, at least while you were coherent! I had wondered how you were doing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know that you may be getting better. Hospital trips can be scary, though entertaining as long as you're still having delirium. Minor details, anyhow. Wishing you well, and much love.

    ReplyDelete